WE DO NOT HAVE COVID TESTING KITS AT THIS TIME.
The Wauseon Public Library is now distributing Free At-Home COVID-19 Test Kits. The tests are provided at no cost by the State of Ohio. The tests are at-home, self-administered and can provide test results in as little as 15 minutes. The BinaxNOW COVID-19 at-home nasal swab test has been authorized by FDA under the Emergency Use Authorization for the detection of the proteins from SARS-CO-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens.
• To use a test kit, you must have access to the internet and either a smart phone/tablet with a camera or a computer/laptop with a webcam.
• Download the NAVICA app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play App Store.
• • • Visit NAVICA. • • •
• Open the NAVICA app on your smartphone/tablet.
• Create a NAVICA account from the app and remember your credentials (username and password). If the patient to be tested is a minor (age 17 or younger), tap the TEST SITE icon at the bottom of NAVICA app and then tap the profile icon at the upper right of the screen at add a MANAGED PROFILE for the minor to be tested.
• You are now ready to pick up a free at-home kit. You will need your NAVICA ID number. Call the library at 419-335-6626 to schedule your pickup. You will need to provide your name, date of birth and an email address to the person handing you a test kit.
Once you get the test home, you will go to the website Ohio.Emed and click on the START Testing button on the page. You will answer a series of questions to prepare for a free visit with an eMed proctor that will provide instructions for taking the test. The entire process will take 15 to 30 minutes to complete and receive results. The ohio.emed.com website has a short two minute instructional video available on their homepage you can watch prior to testing explaining how the test works.
We are committed to helping the public in any way possible. If you would like more information, please call the library at 419-335-6626.