The Wauseon Public Library offers Mobile Hotspots for internet access on the go! Our policy is as follows:
- Borrower must be an adult (18 yrs. & up) and use an adult Wauseon library card in good standing. New patrons allowed after 90 days.
- Borrower is limited to checking out one Hotspot at a time.
- Hotspots may be checked out for 14 days, no renewals will be allowed.
- Hotspots are available on a first come first serve basis, no holds will be allowed.
- The same patron may not consecutively check out the same Hotspot. Must wait a period of 24 hours to checkout another hotspot.
- The Hotspot & Kit must be returned in person to the Checkout Desk.
- Hotspots may not be returned in the book drop, $8.00 fee will be applied.
- Hotspots may not be returned to other libraries.
- Cardholder must sign an agreement. Individuals with permission to use an account may not sign in cardholder’s absence.
- $1.00 per day fine, with no max. If hotspot is not returned after 5 overdue days, it will be shut off. Repeat overdues will suspend your future privileges for 3 months.
- Lost or damaged Hotspots will be charged as listed below. SIM Card and battery are not to be removed.
Contents of Mobile Hotspot Kit and Replacement Costs
- 1 case - $8.00
- 1 Mobile Hotspot (1 SIM Card, 1 Battery) - $75.00
- 1 Micro 2 pc. USB AC Charger - $7.00
How to use the Mobile Hotspot:
- Press and hold button on top of mobile Hotspot to turn it on. Hotspot may need to be charged prior to use.
- On your computer or other Wi-Fi enabled device, search for available Wi-Fi Networks and select the Hotspot. (i.e. WAUSEONPUBLICLIBRARY#).
- Enter the password found on your Mobile Hotspot. The password appears on the screen of the device for easy access.
- Please charge the Hotspot before returning it to the library.
NOTE: It may take up to a minute to establish a connection. There is no limit on how many devices can be connected, but use by multiple devices at the same time may slow the internet load speed.