The children’s librarian is employed to perform tasks for the efficient operation of the library. Plans, organizes and manages all aspects of Children’s Library services in conformity with the policies established by the Library Board of Trustees and the Library Director.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience working with children in an educational or library setting or such that allowed for the development of the necessary skills, abilities, and knowledge required for the position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must possess physical stamina to lift, bend, stand and walk
- Artistic & creative skills
- Effective communication skills
The Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform circulation desk duties
- Assist patrons with materials and services, including reader advisory
- Shelve materials as necessary
- Perform clerical tasks as needed
- Evaluate and maintain the children’s collection and makes recommendations for collection development consistent with the library’s mission and policies and based on community needs, usage levels and relevance of the materials
- Develop and conduct programs for children that encourage reading and listening skills and use of the library facilities and materials
- Serves as a liaison to community agencies serving children
- Develop and assist with publicity and fundraising
- Maintain and develop book displays and other materials
- Assist other library assistants on main floor as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the director or assistant director
It is the policy of the Wauseon Public Library that equal employment opportunity is afforded to all qualified persons.
For further information, contact our Library Director, Maricela DeLeon at 419-335-6626.